Friday, October 23, 2009

Simplicity

Today at work I was thinking a lot. THere has been somethings go on at work that I don't always agree with. Things that hurt me and make me angry. Things I get my self so worked up over.

The client I was working with does not speak, is fully wheel chair bound, has to have their food blended and spoon fed, and has to have full assistance with personal care.

I was doing her physio (her stretches) with her today. Her physio consists of rolling around on a soft mat just to get stretched out and have a break from her chair. Today's game was putting a ball on her stomache and tapping it while calling her name...to her nothing could have made her world better. She laughed and laughed and laughed. I had to do everything in my power not to cry.

I see this simplicity in her life. And I think of my own. How I have all these issues, that when I stop and think of her situation, don't seem so big. Why are we this way??

My thought of the day. Thanks for making me think girlie!



No comments: