Friday, September 12, 2008

Hey Everyone, Well I know that it has been awhile since I have updated this however, here is a post. So I have been in steinbach for nearly 2 weeks and it feels like home. It felt like home even before I got here. This years group of first years seems to be more out going than we were last year and seem to be finding their "niches" a lot quicker than we did last year. The one HUGE well small downside to this year has been the issue with mice in dorm. I HATE MICE...did I mention that i FREAKIN HATE MICE! I have this incredibly irrational fear of those little gray, disease infested, beady eyed, long tailed, satanic creatures. OK SO I HATE MICE! We had one in our room the second day of school and for the following week I slept somewhere else. Well about a half an hour ago, I was being the good student I always am, doing homework, (That isn't due for 3 weeks) and I thought I saw something move. But I pretended I didn't and went back to work. Well I looked up again to see a set of beady eyes staring back at me....Needless to say I ran out, went and got traps, set them, grabbed homework and came back to the school. I HATE MICE!
 
Otherwise school has been alight so far. I am only taking 4 classes so less time in the class room than last year, but I am also doing my practicum this year instead of next, which is like Field Ed time 1000. I am really excited for that as I am starting to work with a new youth group here in Steinbach and hoping to really get involved with the church here.
 
But anyways I need to get this assignment done, and than I have youth band practice and than supper than our first youth group of the year! WOOT WOOT! I am so excited and so nervous all at once! Pray for me and the other leaders (lynden and Laurie, Mike and Jaimie Jj and Crystal and myself)
 
Peace out!
Cassandra


Use Windows Live Messenger to send messages to your buddies on their mobile phones Find out more on our PC to Mobile website

No comments: