Tuesday, September 30, 2008

 WOw looking back over this past week, I have sensed so many emotions. Last week I started a college and careers group near steinbach and I love it. I love connecting with non-SBC students at least once a week. Don't get me wrong,  I love my SBC family but I need an escape every now and again. There are SBC ties within this group (the leader and one other CandC'er is on staff at SBC but ya).

 

My classes are going really well. Even the ones I didn't like in the beginning are beginning to get interesting. It is hard to believe that I have a midterm exam next week already! For the most I am staying on top of my assignments and working hard on them (I have only done one where I just didn't care about it). For my Interpersonal Process class I had to read the book "The Shack" and OMW it is the most amazing book I have read in a long time. It is an incredibly well written novel and I recommend it to anyone but you must have the time to read it AND think about it because it will make you think!

 

My practicum is also going really well. The youth group I am working with is so different than Manitou. Almost more guys than girls, more sr. than jr highs some nights and mostly churched youth. Very different than the Manitou group. But ya. I am also leading the Praise and WOrship of it every week and I love that. It is forcing me to learn my bass very quickly and I love playing it and leading from it. It is different leading from behind a guitar instead of just from behind a mic.  

This weekend I am heading out to Winkler for the weekend to spend time with a family at the camp and hopefully spend time with my horse o ya and Konrad lol. I am so excited and just can't wait to get out there. I am homesick for the camp and even through all the frustration I had with it through out the summer, it is an incredible place! I love the camp atmosphere.

 

BUt anyways that is a quick update on my life. I will be back in Manitou over thanksgiving weekend and hoping to catch up with people than as well. I miss everyone from there but Steinbach is amazing!  I love the dorm, school and my church! It has  been great getting so involved!

 

Cassandra




No comments: