Friday, November 7, 2008

MISSION X NORTH



 

Throughout my 3 years at SBC, each year I have an opportunity to do a missions trip. With being a second year, I get the opportunity to participate in MissionX North from Jan. 14-21. For this mission trip, our class is split up into teams of 3-6 people and placed in a community up north. This January I will be heading up to Grand Rapids with 3 others second years: Tony Bueckert, Matt Macloskie and Allison Friesen.

 

For 2 weeks before heading up north, I will be taking the required course, evangelism, to prepare me for some of the ministry opportunities I will have while I am there. In Grand Rapids, we will be participating in a lot of children and senior's ministry and other opportunities I'm sure.

 

I ask you to pray on a regular basis before and after my trip and daily while I am up North for such things as team and class unity, the ability to learn what we need to know before going, safety while we travel and the opportunity to share God's love with the communities we will be living in.

 

Through the next few months, I will post updates on how our planning is going, more specific prayer requests and hopefully an itinerary so you will fully know what is going on. This is no longer just mine or SBC mission's trip but you are now a part of it if you choose to come along side of me.

 

 

THanks all!



Win a trip with your 3 best buddies. Enter today.

No comments: