Sunday, November 23, 2008

Whoa breathing time....

Well, here I sit after what I would consider a very well done IMPACT weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love the event but am so thankful it only happens once a year! I am exhausted still! To give you a taste of what IMPACT was for me here is a run down of my schedule since Tuesday.
Wednesday noon: Registration Meeting at lunch, worked on decorations til 230
2:30 drama meeting till 4
4-9 (minus half hour) Decoration making
Thursday Class from 830-1130
1130-12 prayed for IMPACT
12-1 Impact meeting
1-5 Decorating
5-10 lighting
Friday 9-11 tech/lighting
11-12 Drama rehersal/IMPACT Chapel/First run at lights
1230-3 Lights/Tech fixing
3-330 all college prayer meetig
330-630 Registration
7-12 lights/tech/drama/session/move lights/set up lights/ run lights/ take down lights
12-4 7-11 run and stayed up till 4 talking
Saturday 830 Breakfast
9-1030 reset lights/tech
1020-12 Session/lights
1-5 lead service oppurtunity to rest haven
6-9 Tech /session
9-10 clean up
1030....died (well went to bed lol)
So you add all these hours up and well i was in the school for nearly
 Wednesday=10 hours    Thursday=14 hours    Friday=15 hours   Saturday=13 hours
So....52/96 hours in the school in the last 4 days!
 
Next year I am not committing to this much...it became overwhelming at times. Though I learnt that I really love doing lights. It would have been better to have a little better equipment but we made due.  We had over 90 retreats which means IMPACT was full and it was a lot of fun. The girls in dorm were great fun and one highlight was on friday night, about1-230 there was a group of girls in my room and we had 3 acoustic's and 1 bass guitar and about 10 voices singing praises to God. So what we sounded...well brutal at times but we worshipped God. That was one of the few moments I could sit down and just thank God for the weekend. I felt that I didn't have time for that. Because even during sessions/prayer times I was adjusting lights or setting lights for the next thing. During concert of prayer, i couldnt leave my board in risk of blowing a breaker. It was challenging. I feel that I didnt connect much with the retreaters and even less than what I would have liked with my manitou group but ya.
 
God made it apparent to me this weekend that whether I continue on with Stony Brook youth or not, Manitou is not where I am being called back to. Like I felt that I defintly had no pull towards them or anything (one big thing was that they didnt even say good bye before leaving...that hurt). I know my time in Manitou was not wasted but I feel as if I made very little of an impact at the youth there. I guess that is motivation to change my involvement in any youth group I am a leader in in the future.
 
But enough complaining it is a waste of space anyways. So ya. Hope everyone has a good week
Cass


No comments: